I’m about to head out for a few days. One of our teammates (Brock) has two trucks that were donated to their rural ministry and he needs to retrieve them from Laredo and get them down here, including the border nationalization/importation process. I’m going along just for extra security in numbers and we’re riding up with another missionary (his cousin) who also needs to have his personal vehicle nationalized (as we just did). Brock will be towing one truck with the other so he doesn’t need me to drive the other one but just in case of sickness or whatever, I’ll be able to drive.
Since we’ll be leaving early in the morning, Beth is taking me up to Brock’s house where his cousin will also meet us (he’s coming up from Puebla today) and I’ll stay overnight there and avoid having Beth driving me to a meeting point on the highway in the darkness of early morning.
We’d all appreciate your prayers with us for…
- Safety in travel (leaving Tuesday and returning Friday is the plan)
- Favorable treatment from the border officials
- Safety for Beth and boys as they stay here but will be traveling to Querétaro Tuesday and Thursday for Geometry class and Beth will be driving after class to a difficult to drive to medical facility for an MRI on her ailing knee.
- Beth’s knee to heal, but surgery may be needed (depends on what the MRI shows).
- Profitable time of fellowship and conversation while traveling.
Thanks for praying with us and may God grant us peace and confidence knowing that He is ever-present and ever-faithful!